Stevens Green and Environmentally Friendly Initiatives Include:
- Stevens Van Lines has invested in the purchase of more than 3,000 reusable plastic office move crates since 2008. It’s our goal to increase the use of reusable containers while reducing the use of cardboard boxes on commercial moves.
- Stevens Van Lines crews are trained to sort reusable and recyclable materials from customer waste and decommissioning projects. This program has resulted in the recycling of over 300,000 lbs of office furniture over the past 2 years. This furniture was destined for landfills but now has been redirected to non-profits and recycling centers.
- Stevens Van Lines’ strategic alliance with RENTACRATE gives us the ability to help companies with their e-waste and shredding needs keeping them in compliance with FACTA, HIPPA, Sarbanes-Oxley and applicable state waste laws.
- Stevens has a process currently in place for accounts that prefer paperless invoicing and want back-up documentation. First, Stevens converts the invoice and back-up documentation into an electronic format available for viewing via our website. The invoice packet is then e-mailed to an address specified by the client.
- Stevens is California Carb-compliant and committed to ensuring all future purchases of units are compliant.
- Stevens has a written policy of reducing and reusing packing materials whenever possible.
- Stevens collects and resells packing material in all markets.
- Stevens collects and recycles office papers in all offices. Special recycling bins are supplied in each office, workstation and common area.