Stevens Green and Environmentally Friendly Initiatives Include:
- Stevens Van Lines made the investment in 1,000 reusable plastic office move crates in 2008. We have a written a business plan to purchase 1,000 per year throughout the next 5 years. It’s our goal to reduce the use of cardboard boxes by 70% over the next 5 years.
- Stevens Van Lines crews are trained to sort reusable and recyclable materials from customer waste and decommissioning projects. This program has resulted in the recycling of over 300,000 lbs of office furniture over the past 2 years. This furniture was destined for landfills but now has been redirected to non-profits and recycling centers.
- Stevens Van Lines’ strategic alliance with RENTACRATE gives us the ability to help companies with their e-waste and shredding needs and keeping them in compliance with FACTA, HIPPA, Sarbanes Oxley and applicable state waste laws.
- Stevens has written business plan to convert 70% of our vehicles to biodiesel by 2014.
- Stevens has a written policy of reducing and reusing packing materials whenever possible.
- Stevens collects and resells packing material in all markets.
- Stevens collects and recycles office papers in all offices. Special recycling bins are supplied in each office, workstation and common area.