Yes. Moving companies are essential during the COVID-19 outbreak. As our van line network—and the entire industry—works through the COVID-19 crisis, Stevens continues to prioritize the health and safety of our customers, drivers, and front-line employees. Many of our employees are working from home. However, our drivers, crews, and local moving company agents are working to make moving during this difficult time and easy and safe as possible.
What is Stevens doing to make moving safer during coronavirus?
Our local agents have been flexible and creative during this unprecedented experience. With their extensive experience in the business, our local agents understand the necessity of adapting to customers’ needs. We asked many of them to share what they’re adapting within their regular routines to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus. This is what you can expect when you work with Stevens during this time:
- You will receive an email a few days before your move to explain safety steps that are being taken to protect you
- Our employees will greet you with a smile (and not a handshake) and they will ask you to open your own cabinets during surveys
- Our employees will take their temperature before reporting to work. They will stay home if they have a fever!
- Crews will wash their hands immediately after arriving at your residence and again after breaks and meals
- Crews will carry and utilize hand sanitizer
- Our employees are required to wear face masks and latex gloves for your protection
- We will be offering virtual surveys
- Crews will wipe down the inside of the truck every night
- Employees will use a fogging machine to help sanitize the trucks
- We are limiting the number of people in the office as well as wiping down phones and keyboards daily
- We are limiting the number of people in the moving trucks
The coronavirus outbreak is a serious situation. However, moving companies are essential businesses, so our drivers and crews are bravely performing their roles. If you’re moving during the coronavirus, call Stevens and we’ll be happy to help talk you through the process. Get in touch today!