At Stevens, we have all the supplies you need to make sure your move is a success. If you’re doing your own packing, be sure to speak with your Stevens agent, as we offer many of our supplies at a reduced price if you’re packing your own items.
Do you have especially delicate items? Pad your goods with extra cushioning by using protective wrap from Stevens. We offer:
- Newsprint—provides a clean, protective surface for almost all your wrapping needs. Unlike actual newspaper, our newsprint contains no ink, thereby better protecting your belongings.
- Bubble pack—offers greater cushioning and protection for extra-fragile items. Pro tip: when you’re done moving, it’s also fun to pop!
Good tape won’t slip or peel off while your boxes are in transit. Stevens suggests:
- Choosing a high-quality tape, 1½” to 2” wide.
- For added protection, plastic PVC-type tape or strapping tape with filament strands are the best options.
- Make sure containers are securely closed for shipping.
You’ll want a good marker to avoid confusion later as you hunt for your belongings. Stevens recommends:
- Selecting a heavy permanent marker.
- Listing the main items in each container.
- Indicating which room boxes are to be placed in upon arrival.
- Adding notes, such as “FRAGILE” or “THIS END UP” as needed.
- Identifying cartons with your last name to assist the driver unloading at destination.
Boxes have never been as important as they are when you are moving! The boxes you select are important to minimize any potential damage.
Best practices for selecting your moving boxes are:
- Select boxes that are suitable for your items—as the size of the box increases, the weight of each item should decrease.
- Make sure they are not packed too heavily, as the boxes can break open.
- Make sure they are not packed too lightly, as they can be crushed.
Stevens Worldwide Van Lines offers specialized cartons for very specific needs, such as golf club cartons, bicycle cartons, grandfather clock boxes and crates.
The ultimate specialty carton is a crate, which is for extremely fragile pieces, such as marble and glass. These cartons are built to order and need to be ordered prior to your move. Your Stevens representative may make recommendations for specialty crates and will take precise measurements so custom crates are constructed specifically for your items.
1.5 cubic foot box (Book or Small Carton)
This is the smallest general-purpose box, used for items such as books, CDs, DVDs, tools and canned goods.
3.0 cubic foot box (Medium Carton)
Known as the “workhorse” of boxes, this box is right for smaller, heavier items. Small kitchen appliances, lamp bases, pots and pans and small outdoor tools are suitable for packing in this size carton.
4.5 cubic foot box
This box is used for non-hanging clothes, linens, larger lamp bases, lamp shades, unbreakable kitchen goods and toys.
6.0 cubic foot box (Large Carton)
The largest general-purpose box, this box is used for lightweight, bulky items, including stuffed toys, pillows and winter coats.
Dishpack (Barrel or Dish Barrel)
Multi-layer construction makes this the safest and strongest of all boxes. Dishpacks are recommended for all breakable kitchenware, china and crystal.
All mattresses must be transported in boxes. King size box springs will require either twin or king boxes; please consult your Stevens representative.
Mirror cartons are expandable boxes used for mirrors, pictures and small glass table tops.
This box is constructed so that hanging clothes and draperies will remain hanging during the move.
Specialized Cartons and Made-to-Order Crating
Specialty containers are available for items such as high-end TVs, golf clubs and grandfather clocks. Made-to-order crates are recommended for extremely fragile pieces. Please contact your Stevens representative for additional information on these services and containers.
Crates can be used to protect a wide variety of items, such as pool table slates, chandeliers, animal mounts and large mirrors.
The following items require extra care when packing:
- China and glassware
- Silverware, silverplate or sterling silver
- Glass table tops, marble slabs, mirrors and art
Please ask your Stevens representative for more information on our packing services for these items.
Stevens provides you with box labels to ensure a smooth and successful moving experience. To get started, just print the labels and attach them to your moving boxes. To help organize, be sure to write which room the contents belong in and what the box contains.
To learn more about our packing supplies, contact us today.